Dr. S. Case Bradford
Visiting Associate in Aerospace
Case Bradford did his graduate research at Caltech in Civil Engineering and Geophysics, completing his Ph.D. in 2006. He received his B.S. in 1999 from U. C. Berkeley in Civil & Environmental Engineering with a Geotechnical emphasis.
Dr. Bradford's thesis research was on signal processing for the analysis of systems with changing dynamic properties, and he has applied these techniques in the design and testing of civil and aerospace structures. His recent research has been focused on the design, fabrication, and testing of precision space structures including optical and electromechanical systems.
As a member of the Space Structures Laboratory since 2009, Dr. Bradford has been working on technology development for active primary mirrors, and has also helped support laboratory experiments for the ongoing Ae105 design course. He joined JPL in 2006 as a Technologist, and has been the Technical Group Supervisor in Advanced Deployable Structures since 2013. He also manages the Advanced Large Precision Structures Laboratory at JPL.
- Steeves, John; Laslandes, Marie; Pellegrino, Sergio; Redding, David; Bradford, Samuel Case; Wallace, James Kent; Barbee, Troy; 2014 Design, fabrication and testing of active carbon shell mirrors for space telescope applications SPIE Astronomical Telescopes+ Instrumentation 915105-915105-13International Society for Optics and Photonics
- Bradford, Samuel Case; et al., 2013, Controlling Wavefront in Lightweight Reflector Systems using Piezocomposite Actuator Arrays, 54th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, April 2013, http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/6.2013-1525
- Sankararaman, Shankar; McLemore, Kyle; Mahadevan, Sankaran; Bradford, Samuel Case; Peterson, Lee D; 2013 Test resource allocation in hierarchical systems using Bayesian networks AIAA journal 51 3 537-550 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Sherrit, S; Djrbashian, A; Bradford, SC; 2013 Analysis of the impedance resonance of piezoelectric multi-fiber composite stacks SPIE Smart Structures and Materials+ Nondestructive Evaluation and Health Monitoring 868904-868904-12International Society for Optics and Photonics
- Peterson, Lee D; Bradford, S Case; Schiermeier, John E; Agnes, Gregory S; Basinger, Scott A; 2013 Multiphysics modeling and uncertainty quantification for an active composite reflector SPIE Optical Engineering+ Applications 88400F-88400F-8International Society for Optics and Photonics