Federico Bosi joined the Space Structures Lab in February 2015, after receiving a Ph.D. in Engineering of Civil, Mechanical and Structural Systems (2014), a Full-Honors M.S. (2011) and a B.S. (2009) in Civil Engineering from University of Trento, Italy. He is currently working on nonlinear thermoviscoelastic constitutive modeling and experiments of polymer thin films for NASA Superpressure Balloons. He is also involved in the viscoelastic characterization of long-term stowage on deployment of composite boom for Autonomous Assembly of a Reconfigurable Space Telescope (AAReST) project. Other research interests include configuratuional forces, buckling and stability of elastic structures.
- Large Deformation of Balloon Structures
- Autonomous Assembly of a Reconfigurable Space Telescope (AAReST)
- D. Bigoni, F. Bosi, D. Misseroni, F. Dal Corso, and G. Noselli (2015). New phenomena in nonlinear elastic structures: from tensile buckling to configurational forces. In CISM Lecture Notes No. 562 "Extremely Deformable Structures" (Ch. 2), edited by: D. Bigoni, Springer, ISBN 978-3-7091-1876-4 (pdf).
- Bosi, F., Misseroni, D., Dal Corso, F. and Bigoni, D. (2015). Self-encapsulation, or the ‘dripping’ of an elastic rod. Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 471, 20150195 (pdf)
- Bosi, F., Misseroni, D., Dal Corso, F. and Bigoni, D. (2015). Development of configurational forces during the injection of an elastic rod. Extreme Mechanics Letters, 4, 83–88 (pdf).
- Bigoni, D., Dal Corso, F., Bosi, F. and Misseroni, D. (2015). Eshelby-like forces acting on elastic structures: theoretical and experimental proof. Mechanics of Materials, 80, 368–374 (pdf).
- Bigoni, D., Dal Corso, F., Misseroni, D. and Bosi, F. (2014). Torsional locomotion. Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 470, 20140599. Cover Paper March 2015 (pdf).
- Bosi, F., Misseroni, D., Dal Corso, F. and Bigoni, D. (2014). An elastica arm scale. Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 470, 20140232. Cover Paper October 2014, Royal Society Publishing July Highlights (pdf).
- Bigoni, D., Bosi, F., Dal Corso, F. and Misseroni, D. (2014). Instability of a penetrating blade. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 64, 411-425 (pdf).
- Bosi, F., Piccolroaz, A., Gei, M., Dal Corso, F., Cocquio, A. and Bigoni, D. (2014). Experimental investigation of the elastoplastic response of aluminum silicate spray dried powder during cold compaction. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 34, 2633–2642 (pdf).
- Bigoni, D., Bosi, F., Dal Corso, F., Misseroni, D. Energy releasing structures. In the 2014 World Congress on Advances in Civil, Environmental, and Materials Research (ACEM 14), Korea: Techno press, 2014. - ISBN: 9788989693383. ACEM14, Busan, South Korea , 24-28 Agosto 2014.
- Bosi, F., Mazzocchi, E., Jatro, I., Dal Corso, F., Piccolroaz, A., Deseri, L., Bigoni, D., Cocquio, A., Cova, M., Odorizzi, S. (2013). A collaborative project between Industry and Academia to enhance Engineering Education at graduate and PhD level in Ceramic Technology. International Journal of Engineering Education, 29, 1-9.